FAI Senior Introduction Coaching Course
Please see details below of a senior introduction coaching course for anyone who coaches with adult teams or may have aspirations of doing so.
Course; Senior Introduction
Date(s); Saturday 19th and Saturday 26th July
Venue; Newhill Park – Two Mile Borris/St.Kevins FC
How to book;
Bookings for this course can only be taking online at www.fai.ie/coached
Places will be limited to 24
The course is designed to assist coaches / managers in their role as a coach of adult player’s at the Train to Compete and Train to Win phase to plan, organise and implement technique and skill functional practices and small sided games in the adult game.
To provide coaches with:
· The understanding of the capacities of adult players at the Train to Compete and Train to Win phases
· The skills to plan, organise and implement coaching sessions for adult players
· The ability to introduce warm-ups, basic conditioning, technical/tactical functional practises at the Train to Compete and Train to Win phases
· Communicate / relate with and motivate the current Senior Grassroots Adult Player.
· Apply appropriate training / coaching methods to progress players from the small-sided game to the 11 V 11 game.
· Identify and apply principles of play in attack / defence and set-pieces.