Please see below Press Release from the FAI re the Sport Energy Support Scheme. As you will see from the release there is a very tight timeline on this expression of interest form due to the deadline the FAI have been given by Sport Ireland. In a time where energy costs are soaring there is no doubt every club will be hit in some way. It is imperative that all
clubs receive this release & information and submit their expression of interest ASAP.
If you could also post on your websites and social media platforms that would be greatly appreciated.
*Sport Energy Support Scheme opens for Irish football clubs*
*The Football Association of Ireland are pleased to announce the opening of
the Sports Energy Support Scheme (SESS) via an Expression of Interest
The fund, which has been established by Sport Ireland, is to support
National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs) and their affiliates with the
rising energy costs associated with the provision of sport throughout the
winter period. Communication has been sent to all Affiliates, Leagues and
Clubs with the expression of interest open until *Midnight, 22nd November*.
Link to details of scheme:
Details of scheme:
Organisations that are eligible to seek support via the Government’s
Temporary Business Energy Support Scheme (TBESS) should do so in the first
Organisations looking to register their interest in support via this scheme
must meet the below requirements set out by Sport Ireland;
– The Sports Energy Support Scheme (SESS) will contribute to the
increased energy costs associated with providing *sporting activity
– The Eligibility period will relate to increased energy costs (*proven
via utility bill*) sustained between *September 1st 2022 and March 31st
– Non Energy related increases are ineligible. These include increased
costs in accommodation, rent, rates or labour costs.
– Fuel costs associated with machinery, vehicles, travel or transport do
– Pre-existing debts or deficits do not qualify.
– Energy costs associated with *non-sporting activity such as bars,
restaurants etc. are not eligible under SESS*; however, such trading
activity may be eligible for support under the Government’s Temporary
Business Energy Support Scheme (TBESS).
– Organisations applying for support *must own/lease the sporting
facilities or be the primary utility bill payer*.
– The Scheme will not cover:
– Private/Commercial gyms, pools & sports facilities
(Private/commercial enterprises are eligible to apply for TBESS)
– Local authority facilities
– School or Third level sports facilities
All registered organisations will be contacted via email in early 2023 with
further information and instructions regarding the application process.